New Character Art: Montgomery Houghton

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hey, remember when this guy was the villain?

As time went on and my own mental disorders were properly diagnosed (I have Asperger's syndrome and OCD), I realized that Monty was too sympathetic to be a proper villain. I love sympathetic villains, believe me, but Monty was just too close to home for me to make him evil. Monty is simply a good boy who's misunderstood and likes playing the violin horribly.


Monty's another one whose hair has gotten nicer-looking as my art has gotten nicer-looking. I actually think he's kind of hot now, too, which is what I've been going for with him. I mean, people seem to really be into brooding guys, right? Twilight wouldn't have worked if an emo vampire hadn't been one of the main characters. Teenagers love brooding emo guys. I don't get it - as I've told people in the past, I'd marry Dustin in a heartbeat. I'm much more into sweet, dorky guys, I guess.

Anyway, that's that. Mental disorders in the Victorian period are a lot of fun to research, but it's a pain sometimes because the names are different/generalized. Blah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment